Corvette C5 C6 (97 on) Mono6 365mm Extreme Kit
Stopping when you want to - and more importantly when and where you need to - is a fundamental requirement of attaining speed. Alcon's Advantage Extreme brake kits have been designed to do just that. The Advantage Extreme brake kits provide ultimate braking performance in a direct replacement package. Alcon has now applied its expertise and experience in IndyCar, WRC, NASCAR and GT racing to the performance braking market.
"Alcon uses the exact same components on these Extreme Advantage kits as on the professional racing programs. This means you are getting the same rotors, hardware, hats, etc... from the same factory in the United Kingdom, not a discount or economy line for the consumer market."
Each Kit includes:
No additional parts are required to fit an Advantage Extreme kit to your car!
Advantage Extreme discs have been engineered to produce optimum bite, thermal stability and durability in an exceptionally high strength to low weight design. This hasbeen achieved by combining a special Alcon developed iron alloy disc with an aerospace specification alloy bell.
Why Alcon Brake Discs?
- Unique crescent grooves on friction faces provide the bite usually associated with drilled discs without the attendant durability problems.
- Directionally curved cooling vanes for optimum cooling performance.
- Alcon's floating disc system (as used in the majority of applications) has been designed to allow thermal expansion of the disc throughout it's life while minimizing the tendency to shudder.
These low noise pads offer strong cold performance for start up and city driving and are formulated for excellent resistance to face at higher temperatures.
Advantage Extreme calipers are gravity die cast monobloc constructions using aluminum alloy for optimal strength and weight.
Alcon Monobloc Calipers!
- Monobloc 4 or 6 piston design for high stiffness and low weight.
- Piston bore sizes are staggered to ensure even pad wear.
- Pin mounted pads provide low threshold pressure and low noise