What's in a kit?
- Written by Site Admin
- Hits: 5618
Alcon's Advantage Extreme brake kits are specifically engineered to give you exceptional braking performance and control.
What's in the box?
The Advantage Extreme kit is supplied in two boxes and has all the parts that you need including:
- Special Alloy and disc bell assembly
- Monobloc 4 or 6 piston calipers
- Low noise, fade resistant performance brake pads
- Brackets and hardware
- High Performance Brake Fluid
Please check that your wheels are compatible with the brake kit by obtaining a radial profile template from our fitment guides here.
Advantage Extreme discs have been engineered to produce optimum bite, thermal stability and durability in an exceptionally high strength to low weight design. This hasbeen achieved by combining a special Alcon developed iron alloy disc with an aerospace specification alloy bell.
Other Alcon disc benefits include:
- Unique crescent grooves on friction faces provide the bite usually associated with drilled discs without the attendant durability problems.
- Directionally curved cooling vanes for optimum cooling performance
- Alcon's floating disc system (as used in the majority of applications) has been designed to allow thermal expansion of the disc throughout it's life while minimizing the tendency to shudder.
These low noise pads offer strong cold perofrmance for start up and city driving and are formulated for excellent resistance to face at higher temperatures.
Advantage Extreme calipers are gravity die cast monobloc constructions using aluminum alloy for optimal strength and weight.
The calipers feature
- Monobloc 4 or 6 piston design for high stiffness and low weight
- Piston bore sizes are staggered to ensure even pad wear
- Pin mounted pads provide low threshold pressure and low noise