- Written by Site Admin
- Hits: 1301
Alcon BMW M5 Superkit - Ultra High Performance
Many owners know that, under extreme conditions such as those acheivable at the track, the limits of the standard BMW M5 brakes can be exceeded, sometimes resulting in a substantial deterioration in brake performance.
Alcon's BMW M5 Superkit front and rear brake package offers a range of benefits to improve your braking performance.
The superkit contains ALL components to upgrade your car.
- 390mm x 36mm front disc and 380mm x 32mm rear disc offering significant improvements in available brake torque
- Alcon assembly lighter than OEM assembly - resulting in reduced inertia
- Increased thermal capacity
- Features Alcon bespoke floating drive system
- Utilizes Alcon's unique Turbulator casting for maximum cooling efficiency
- Alcon crescent groove pattern allows for improved gas release, increased initial bite and improved durability
- Rear disc assembly incorporates OEM "drum in hat" handbrake configuration.
- Front caliper is a 6 piston monobloc machined from a single piece forging. Rear caliper is a 4 piston monobloc which combined offers a more positive, responsive pedal as a result of improved caliper and system stiffness.
- Increased pad area and volume offers better temperature management and improved brake efficiency
- Piston position designed to offer most even pad wear
- Caliper specifications designed to improve overall system efficiency while maintaining the original balance and OEM actuation.