Assembly procedure for Alcon full floating bobbin drive discs
Two types of bobbin are available:
- Bobbin drive system with bolt (X401, series)
- Bobbin drive system with integral stud (X405 series)
- Place the bobbins in the slots in bell, with the ‘ears’ of the bobbin at right angles to the outside diameter of the bell, unless otherwise specified.
- Push the bolt through the bobbin so that it engages in the disc.
- Apply a small amount of thread retainer, enough to cover 2-4 threads, to the portion of bolt protruding from the disc. Fit a nut onto each bolt and finger tighten.
- Tighten the nuts in a star sequence, rather than a rotational sequence, to the specified torque using the appropriate tools. Prevent the bolt from rotating when applying the specified tightening torque to the nut. Do not hold the nut and tighten the bolt as it will cause the bobbin to rotate and the bell will lock up.
- Ensure that all parts are clean and grease free
- Approved thread retainer: - Loctite 243 (Blue)
- Tightening torque: 0.25” UNF 16-18Nm (11.8 – 13.3 lb ft)