Paragon Alcon Big Brake Kit Front Mono6 2016-2022 Audi A4 B9
- Manufacturer: Paragon-Alcon
Alcon Paragon Big Brake Kit - Front Mono 6 355mm or 380mm for 16-22 Audi A4 b9
Alcon Paragon brake kits provide superior braking performance and come complete with every component required to upgrade your brake system. Developed with performance, quality, and longevity in mind, only the finest materials/components were used to ensure the brake kit to perform and last under both street and track conditions. Alcon's experience in top level motorsport including NASCAR, F1, and WRC further enhanced the exceptional performance of this brake kit.
- Features Alcon CAR97 Monobloc 6 piston calipers
- Paragon 355x32mm (14.0"x1.25”) or 380mm (15.0" x 1.25") floating 2-piece rotors, with directional ventilation vanes for optimal cooling performance. Runs up to 30% cooler than O.E. rotors
- Direct bolt-on without any modifications. Designed to work flawlessly with OEM ABS and brake master cylinder. Compatible with OEM rear brakes
- Designed to provide shorter brake distance and less brake fade, while offering optimum bite, better modulation, thermal stability, and durability
- Rotor to hat mounting system: Floating T-Bobbin (12 bolt)
- Complete pre-assembled axle set
- One pair of Alcon CAR97 Monobloc 6 piston calipers
- One pair of Paragon 355x32mm (14.0” x 1.25" ) or 380mm (15.0" x 1.25") 2-piece rotor assemblies with black/hard anodized 6061-T6 aerospace grade aluminum hats, stainless steel bobbins, and anti-rattle clips
- One set of performance brake pads - your choice of compound.
- Caliper mounting brackets and all necessary hardware
- Goodridge DOT approved stainless steel braided brake lines
- 2016-Present Audi A4 (B9) Front
- Lightweight single-piece aluminium Mono-bloc design for optimum strength
- Staggered piston bore sizes for improved brake balance and even pad wear
- High stiffness (firm pedal)
- Pin-mounted pads provide low threshold pressure and minimize unwanted noises
- Features dust seals to improve durability and protection against debris / road salt
- Floating 2-piece design allows thermal expansion of the rotor while minimizing deformation and ensuring the rotor is self-centered with the pads
- Superior braking and cooling efficiency
- Features directional ventilation vanes to create suction, turbulence, and guides cool air through the rotor for improved heat dissipation and increased resistance to cracking
- Made of CM-250 special formulated high carbon alloy cast iron. Allows for an optimal bite, thermal characteristics, high-temperature strength, and durability
- Heat treated to release stress in the rotor to avoid deformation and vibration
- State-of-the-art CBN surface machining to ensure better break-in with new brake pads
- Excellent thermal capacity to minimize brake fade
Curved Directional Ventilation Vanes
Features 48 directional ventilation vanes to create suction and turbulence, and guide cool air through the rotor to achieve better heat dissipation and increased resistance to cracking under harsh track conditions. Each rotor is left or right side specific, and the ventilation vanes are optimized to spin in a particular direction to pump the maximum amount of cool air through the rotor. This design allows the rotor to run up to 30% cooler than O.E. rotors and increases cooling efficiency by up to 30% over standard 1-piece units. Brake fade and judder are minimized during extended sessions. This means the brake system can withstand heavier track usage and provide consistent braking performance lap after lap.
Slotted Friction Face
Slotted rotor face pattern improves brake consistency by constantly cleaning the contact surface and dissipate heat generated, and gases released when the pads come into contact with the rotors. Slotted rotors have a superior advantage over blank rotors in wet or raining conditions by preventing water films to form between the brake pad and rotor surface.
- CNC machined from lightweight 6061-T6 aerospace grade aluminum
- Unsprung weight reduction
- High strength and durability
- Black/hard anodized to increase resistance to wear and corrosion
Floating Bobbins & Mounting System
Utilizes T-Bobbin rotor to hat mounting system to allow "float" in both radial and axial directions, and minimize brake judder. The high quality stainless steel hardware are corrosion resistant which allows secure mounting, and smooth expansion and contraction throughout heat cycles. Anti wear clips (McLaren spring clips) are utilized to slightly pre-load the rotor assembly and minimize rattling noise.
Caliper Mounting Brackets
CNC machined caliper mounting brackets to ensure superior strength, durability, and secure mounting of calipers to knuckles.
Paragon Brake Pads
- Manufactured by Winmax Japan
- Superior stopping power and modulation
- High fade resistance
- Consistent performance under high temperature conditions
- Compounds available for street, street / track, and dedicated track applications
Goodridge Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines
- Superior durability. Abrasion and corrosion resistant
- Allows more responsive and firmer pedal feel
- DOT / TÜV certified
OEM Fitment & Functionality
- Direct bolt-on without any modifications
- Properly sized piston and pad volume. Designed to work flawlessly with OEM ABS and brake master cylinder while maintaining proper brake bias
- Compatible with OEM rear brakes
***Check fit using the wheel template before purchase. All brake kits are assembled to order and cannot be returned due to wheel fitment issues.
**355mm brake kits generally require 18" or larger wheels, but fitment varies due to different specs / wheel design. Verify fitment with wheel fitment template.
**380mm brake kits generally require 19" or larger wheels, but fitment varies due to different specs / wheel design. Verify fitment with wheel fitment template.
About the A4 B9
The fifth-generation of the A4 was revealed in June 2015 when pre-production versions were released to the motoring press, with the official launch occurring at the Frankfurt Motor Show in September 2015. This generation of the A4 is the fifth to carry the A4 badge and is commonly referred to as the B9, representing the ninth generation of the Audi 80/A4 series, which were originally (but no longer) based on the B platform. The B9 is slightly larger than the outgoing B8, but Audi claims the new A4 is around 120 kg (265 lb) lighter than its predecessor.
For 2017 (in the US, 2016 for EU), the Audi A4 has taken on a new form, as it’s now in its B9 generation. This new B9 Audi A4 is longer, wider, lower and lighter than the model it replaces and, in our opinion, far better as well. However, is it the best Audi ever made? That’s a bold statement, but one Business Insider made recently.