Honda S2000 (00-09) Front Big Brake Kit Alcon Calipers
Average delivery on in-stock items between -
Big Brake Kit for the Honda S2000 comes with Alcon Monobloc CAR97 6 Piston front calipers with 343mm (13.5"), 355mm (14.0"), or 380mm (15.0") rotors and your choice of sport or race brake pads. **Free shipping to US** Features Alcon's award winning MonoBloc calipers with a floating rotor design. Direct bolt-on without any modifications. Designed to work flawlessly with OEM ABS and brake master cylinder. Solid billet machining with a fixed caliper bridge make for the stiffest caliper on the market.
Big Brake Kit (Front Alcon Mono 6 CAR97 calipers) - Honda S2000
Alcon/Paragon brake kits provide superior braking performance and come complete with every component required to upgrade your brake system. Developed with performance, quality, and longevity in mind, only the finest materials/components were used to ensure the brake kit to perform and last under both street and track conditions. Alcon's experience in top level motorsport including NASCAR, F1, and WRC further enhanced the exceptional performance of this brake kit.
- Features Alcon CAR97 Monobloc 6 piston calipers
- Paragon 343mm (13.5"), 355(14.0") or 380 (15.0") x 32mm (1.25") floating 2-piece rotors, with directional ventilation vanes for optimal cooling performance. Runs up to 30% cooler than O.E. rotors
- Direct bolt-on without any modifications. Designed to work flawlessly with OEM ABS and brake master cylinder. Compatible with OEM rear brakes
- Designed to provide shorter brake distance and less brake fade, while offering optimum bite, better modulation, thermal stability, and durability
- Rotor to hat mounting system: Floating T-Bobbin (12 bolt)
- Completely assembled set
Included in Kit:
- One pair of Alcon CAR97 Monobloc 6 piston calipers
- One pair of 2-piece rotor assemblies with black/hard anodized 6061-T6 aerospace grade aluminum hats, stainless steel bobbins, and anti-rattle clip. McClaren clip design to allow for rotor float without the noise. Better pad performance and longevity.
- One set of performance brake pads - your choice of compound from street, to autocross to race. Want to substitute for another brand? Just ask.
- Caliper mounting brackets and all necessary hardware
- Goodridge DOT approved stainless steel braided brake lines
***Check fit using the wheel template before purchase. All brake kits are assembled to order.
Wheel Fitment Template Download (PDF):
343x32mm template (click here) (17" wheels)
355x32mm template (click here) (18" wheels)
380x32mm template (click here) (19" wheels)
- Lightweight single-piece aluminum Mono-bloc design for optimum strength
- Staggered piston bore sizes for improved brake balance and even pad wear
- High stiffness (firm pedal)
- Pin-mounted pads provide low threshold pressure and minimize unwanted noises
- Features dust seals to improve durability and protection against debris / road salt
- Floating 2-piece design allows thermal expansion of the rotor while minimizing deformation and ensuring the rotor is self-centered with the pads
- Superior braking and cooling efficiency
- Features directional ventilation vanes to create suction, turbulence, and guides cool air through the rotor for improved heat dissipation and increased resistance to cracking
- Made of CM-250 special formulated high carbon alloy cast iron. Allows for an optimal bite, thermal characteristics, high-temperature strength, and durability
- Heat treated to release stress in the rotor to avoid deformation and vibration
- State-of-the-art CBN surface machining to ensure better break-in with new brake pads
- Excellent thermal capacity to minimize brake fade
Curved Directional Ventilation Vanes
Features 48 directional ventilation vanes to create suction and turbulence, and guide cool air through the rotor to achieve better heat dissipation and increased resistance to cracking under harsh track conditions. Each rotor is left or right side specific, and the ventilation vanes are optimized to spin in a particular direction to pump the maximum amount of cool air through the rotor. This design allows the rotor to run up to 30% cooler than O.E. rotors and increases cooling efficiency by up to 30% over standard 1-piece units. Brake fade and judder are minimized during extended sessions. This means the brake system can withstand heavier track usage and provide consistent braking performance lap after lap.
Slotted Friction Face
Slotted rotor face pattern improves brake consistency by constantly cleaning the contact surface and dissipate heat generated, and gases released when the pads come into contact with the rotors. Slotted rotors have a superior advantage over blank rotors in wet or raining conditions by preventing water films to form between the brake pad and rotor surface.
- CNC machined from lightweight 6061-T6 aerospace grade aluminum
- Unsprung weight reduction
- High strength and durability
- Black/hard anodized to increase resistance to wear and corrosion
Floating Bobbins & Mounting System
Utilizes T-Bobbin rotor to hat mounting system to allow "float" in both radial and axial directions, and minimize brake judder. The high quality stainless steel hardware are corrosion resistant which allows secure mounting, and smooth expansion and contraction throughout heat cycles. Anti wear clips (McLaren spring clips) are utilized to slightly pre-load the rotor assembly and minimize rattling noise.
Caliper Mounting Brackets
CNC machined caliper mounting brackets to ensure superior strength, durability, and secure mounting of calipers to knuckles.
Winmax Brake Pads
- Want something different? We can supply Hawk, Pagid, or Alcon pads.
- Manufactured by Winmax Japan
- Superior stopping power and modulation
- High fade resistance
- Consistent performance under high temperature conditions
- Compounds available for street, street / track, and dedicated track applications
Goodridge Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines
- Superior durability. Abrasion and corrosion resistant
- Allows more responsive and firmer pedal feel
- DOT / TÜV certified
OEM Fitment & Functionality
- Direct bolt-on without any modifications
- Properly sized piston and pad volume. Designed to work flawlessly with OEM ABS and brake master cylinder while maintaining proper brake bias
- Compatible with OEM rear brakes